Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hi ho hi ho it's off to unpick I go!

Hola!

I have been making a kaleidoscope quilt for a workshop I have been asked to take in October. I decided to make the quilt in my favourite fabrics (reproductions) and in my favourite colour (blue). We are screaming towards the deadline but I wasn't stressing, it was all going well and I thought that I'd have it bowled over by Sunday (fool that I am). I got home from Tuesday night sewing with all of the blocks ironed and ready to go. I placed the blocks on the floor and stood back to inspect the quilt. To my horror the lovely light blue that looked great in my stash read white when placed in the quilt and in my opinion broke up the circular effect of the kaleidoscope blocks.



I thought about it for a few minutes but in my heart I knew that if I was to be happy with the finished quilt there was really only one option. So I took a deep breath and reached for my Clover quick unpick and settled in for the long haul. I did some last night while watching 'Being Erica' on ABC iview (how good is that, by the way!) and the rest this morning sitting on my swing, listening to the rain.

Happy stiching all (or in my case - unpicking!)

Shontelle.

PS. I am hoping to post my fabric choices and some design options tomorrow for the apron challenge. It has taken me a while, but I think that I have finally come up with a design.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your fabric choice to replace the light blue. I am following your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...