Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Galette

Time is ticking away and our Mannum Retreat is just around the corner!  I am really looking forward to catching up with all the girls, sharing some new tips and most importantly - sleeping through the night!


This year at the retreat we will be working on this quilt......



It is a quilt called Galette, made from Honey Buns, that I originally designed for Homespun back in 2009.  I named it after a French pastry called a Galette des Rois which is traditionally eaten at Epiphany.  Hidden inside the galette is a small token named a fevre, and the one to find the token in his or her slice is crowned king or queen for the day.  We were staying with some friends in France at Epiphany one year and I was the fortunate fevre finder.  Queen for a day - finally, the recognition I deserve!  Pity it only lasted for the day and really only got me out of doing the dishes. 

Yummy Galette des Rois

I made the original quilt in Patisserie by Fig Tree Quilts and this is my favourite block.


Since it has been nearly three years since I made it, I thought that I should test the pattern again before heading off to Mannum. To test it I used some scraps I had left over from a quilt I made for Mum last year.  The scraps are a bit of Pom Pom de Paris, some Blackbird Design Fabrics and some Howard Marcus Collection for a Cause fabric.  I have to say that I am a little bit in love and am now going to remake the quilt in these colours. 



If you live in South Australia and fancy a little getaway in March then there are a couple of spots left for the retreat.  Click here for details.

1 comment:

  1. It will look stunning. Enjoy your retreat. Wish I could come. Sounds bliss.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...