Monday, March 12, 2012

All in a Day


The past is sailing off to sea, 
the future's fast asleep.
A day is all you have to be,
it's all you get to keep.
Underneath that great big sky 
the earth is all a-spin.
This day will soon be over 
and it won't come back again.
So live it well, make it count,
fill it up with you.
This day's all yours, it's waiting now...
See what you can do.



This is from a children's book I just read to my
  daughter, called All In A Day by Cynthia Rylant.
It was so lovely I just had to share it with you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! that is deep for a child and so thought provoking for an adult but so true. I am off to sew now instead of just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...