Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday Finish - Bloom Cushion

Last year for her birthday, my Mum asked me to make her a Bloom cushion out of Pom Pom de Paris and this week I got it done.  Her birthday was only in September.  No flies on me!

In my defence I did have a ridiculously busy year last year culminating in moving house, and of course all my sewing stuff was packed away for a while....but really any judge worth his salt would throw that defence out of court as the whole thing only took about an hour and a half to make.  If you like it you can find the tutorial for it here.  So happy birthday Mummy.....better late than never.




I changed the back from the original pattern to have a covered zip.  I don't know what I do wrong but whenever I try to do a decorative enclosure with buttons or ribbons my cushions always look like they're haemorrhaging an insert - not pretty.  For the covered zip I followed this tutorial.

I am linking up with Amylouwho's friday finish.....head on over an check out what's been happening this week in craftdom.

5 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, your Mum is a lucky girl! Love the covered zip too. Think I'm going to do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet, your Mum will love it! I love the rick rack peeking out and the stitching with the buttons brings on the happy. I love it! thanks for sharing. I'm going to pin it.My daughter has been wanting some pillows for her couch. I have just a bit of this same fabric. it is really lovely. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cushion, your mum is one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. I need some simple pillows like this. Thanks for the link to the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. better late than never Shonny! I am sure your Mum will love it....

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...