Saturday, March 31, 2012

Friday Finish - Ethan's Carpenter's Star Quilt


Here's this week's finish - it is a baby quilt I made for my son.  It's only a year late, an improvement on this baby quilt for my daughter which was 3 years behind schedule.  Better late than never right?

It is a Carpenter's star made using Debbie Maddy's pattern which I just resized to make it 50" x 50".  The fabric line is La Petite Ecole by French General.


I love this label, I just wish that I made the font a little larger.  The quote is from one of my favourite poems -  "If" by Rudyard Kipling and says "Fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run".  This is something that I strive to do but have to admit I often run out of puff.




I  inserted a strip of scraps into the backing fabric to make it a little larger.  I think it looks sweet and is also a good place to pop the label.  I love the alphabet fabric from this line - so gorgeous!




I am linking up with Amy Lou Who's friday finishes  and Crazy Mom quilts -  pop on over and see what else has been finished this week.

3 comments:

  1. Ethan is a lucky boy to have such a clever and lovely mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt and wonderful sentiment. I am sure Ethan will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shontelle
    I love your quilt. Ethan is very lucky. The fabric choices are fabulous.
    Debbie Maddy

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...