Thursday, April 5, 2012

WIP - Machine Quilting Baptist Fans

Hello and welcome to my new URL!

Earlier today I wrote an emotionally charged and sentimental post about why I changed my blog name and URL and tonight somehow I deleted it!  For crying out loud!!!  I can't remember exactly what I wrote and am feeling so frustrated with the whole thing that I am now just going to bombard you with photos instead of trying to re-write my earlier post.

Tonight was my sewing circle night.  Usually, it is just an excuse to sit with my Mum and a couple of friends and eat cake and watch trash tv.  But tonight I was feeling particularly motivated and instead Mum and I (mostly Mum) machine quilted these mini quilts which I will turn into cushions.



Here they are all loaded up and ready to roll.  I have made several of these little quilts.  I started them a couple of years ago as a way of trying out some different blocks.  On the left are some churn dashes made in repro fabrics on the right the little houses that I originally blogged about here.



I chose baptist fans as the pattern for them  because they are old fashioned and I loooooove them.  



Here's a view of the fans from the back - not that you'll get to see them when I turn the tops into cushions.  But I'll know they're there.




In all that productivity there was still time for cake.  Scarlett and I made this coffee walnut streusel cake after kindy today and I have to say I was pretty delicious.  
  
And because today I was a one woman production line I also made the backing for this quilt.
 

Phew!  And now I am going to bed.

I am linking up with Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday.  Come and check out what everyone else has been busy creating. 



4 comments:

  1. I love the last picture, what is that type of block called, a spool? Anyway, the cake looks delicious and love the B-fans :) I will start following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy and your Mum has done a good job on the quilting of your mini's. They will make great cushions. Good to see you back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That streusel looks amazing! Your quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...