Thursday, September 13, 2012

Secret Stitching

This week I have been busy finishing the binding for an upcoming project for Australian Homespun Magazine.  So I don't have much to show you except for an extreme close up of the binding and a bit of Mum's quilting.  I chose Baptist Fan's for the quilting pattern because I lurve them, unfortunately Mum hates doing them so I don't think I'll be getting them done again any time soon.  I am hoping that in time she forgets the pain they cause her because I would like to make this quilt again and want it quilted exactly the same.  I may have to rub her feet but it's a price I'm willing to pay!


I laid the quilt out on my bed to fold it ready to send off to Sydney and the Liz took her opportunity to rub herself all over it.  How is the evil look she's giving me?  She knows I'm about to pull the rug out from under her.  Literally.



She then tried to cutesy up but I am hardened to these kinds of shenanigans.....






Nice try Lizzie Liz.

6 comments:

  1. I love Vintage Modern. Can't wait to get a good look at your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houndstooth and polka dots -- love that combination. I will have to keep an eye out for the magazine -- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing your quilt in Homespun .. I love Vintage Modern too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cat! We have one very similar:) Love that Vintage Modern and your mother's quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fabric is called "pied de poule " (chicken foot)in french , it's classical in black and white but modern in pink !!We don't have Homespun in France ! What a pity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Nectarine!

      I wanted to reply to you directly but unfortunately you're set to no reply. Happily you can get Homespun in France! You can order it via the UK distributers at The Cotton Patch: www.cottonpatch.co.uk or Manor House Magazines: www.manorhousemagazines.co.uk and you can also download a soft copy via zinio.com I hope this helps!

      All the best,
      Shontelle!

      Delete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...